~ Turmeric, Black Pepper and Carrot Soup ~
The soup that relieves aches and pains due to inflammation ~ plus, fights Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s and maybe, even, cancer!
The active compound within Turmeric is called Curcumin. Curcumin has potent medicinal properties, is an anti-inflammatory and is high in antioxidants. Curcumin is non-toxic and doesn’t negatively affect healthy cells, insinuating it selectively targets cancer cells.
Research published in 2011 found that patients who added 200 mg of curcumin a day to their treatment plan had reduced pain and increased mobility.
Turmeric May Help Combat Alzheimer’s Disease, And Parkinson’s As Well!
Curcumin is proficient at crossing your blood-brain boundary, which is one reason that it has motivated researchers to examine its potential as a neuroprotective agent for neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s.
Turmeric, Black Pepper and Carrot Soup Recipe!
~ What you will need ~
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp all-spice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup organic, yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound organic carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh cracked black pepper – add to your taste
- Salt – add to taste
- 1/2 cup yogurt, sour cream or crème fraishe
- Parsley leaf and chopped chives as a garnish
~ How to prepare ~
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat
- Add in the onion and saute for two minutes
- Mix in the broth and then the carrots
- Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are extremely soft
- In a separate skillet, heat the cumin seeds over a medium heat for about five minutes
- Grind the warm, fragrant cumin seeds ion a spice mill and keep aside for now
- Take the soup off of the heat and let cool for a few minutes
- Puree the soup in a blender until it is smooth
- Return the soup to the saucepan and whisk in the all-spice, honey and lemon juice
- Season with black pepper and salt
- Ladle soup into bowls
- Sprinkle with the toasted cumin
- Add a dolup of yogart, sour cream or crème fraishe
- Sprinke with chopped chives if desired
In conclusion, Turmeric, Black Pepper and Carrot Soup is super healthy and will be a delicious hit in your home! Especially for those in your family who love carrots! It’s like carrot soup with a twist! Give it a try today and let us know how your family liked it ─ and how it added a boost to their health!
Robin, and the Zen Team!
*Note: This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Therefore, ask your doctor about any health concerns that you might have and seek proper medical treatment.
Photos Sources: Pixabay.com