Yes, we all know that we should be exercising because it’s healthy to do so. But, did you know that the lack of exercise is actually detrimental to your health? A recent study performed by the University of Cambridge, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, finds that two times the number of fatalities occur from not exercising enough, as they do from being obese. Those numbers are staggering if you really think about it!
In turn, there are simple ways to get in some daily exercise. Let’s take a look!
1. Walking For Exercise!
It’s been found that a 20-minute walk can do wonders for your health! Just by walking for 20 minutes every day, is enough to reduce your chances of an early death! According to the study, which I linked above, a 20-minute walk can decrease your chances by 30%! That’s amazing when you think about it!
So, get out and walk! You say that you don’t have the time or energy? Well, think of ways that you can incorporate a daily walk into your busy lifestyle. Here are some ideas:
- Park a bit further away from your work or the store.
- Go the long way instead of taking shortcuts!
- Take a walk during your lunch break.
- Make it a habit of taking a walk every evening after dinner.
- Get a dog! Walking your dog is the perfect solution!
- Find places where you enjoy being, and walk there. A favorite park maybe?
2. Go To The Park!
Okay, by just going to the park, you are going to have to do some physical activity! Unless you just sit on the bench! To avoid sitting on the bench, find something that you enjoy doing at the park. Some ideas are:
- Take your children to the playground and push them on the swings!
- Take you dog!
- Walk around the perimeter of the park.
- Walk to the park and back home!
- Are there basketball hoops or tennis courts? Give it a try, you might be surprised at how fun it can be!
- Play frisbee!
3. Think Of Things To Do Around The House Which Can Envolve Exercise!
There is plenty of stuff that needs to be done around the house! Think of ways to do them, “more actively”!
- Cut the grass with a push mower!
- Wash your car by hand instead of taking it to the car wash!
- Dust with a spring in your step!
- While vacuuming, extend your movements to add in a workout
4. Find an activity that you enjoy that involves physical activity!
You might end up surprised that once you find an activity that you enjoy, you will want to do it often! Start small and try a variety of things! Here are some ideas:
- Biking- even if you don’t have a bike, there are more and more places cropping up where you can rent one!
- Shooting some hoops!
- Disk Golf!
- Dancing- sign up for a class!
- Sports at your local YMCA or YWCA!
In conclusion, exercise is essential to our health and to increasing our years! If there is a will, there is a way!
Robin, and The ZEN Team!
Sometimes, exercise can lead to sore muscles! Don’t let this turn you off!
For those aches and pains that materaialize during exercise, try an all-natural formula to help relieve the pain! ZEN Sports Balm and Women’s ZEN Sports Balm is perfect for relieving those sore muscles!
*Note: This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat any health condition. Therefore, ask your doctor about any health concerns that you might have and seek proper medical treatment.
Cover Photo Source– Pixabay.com