Have you ever had to deal with someone who thinks that they are better than you and tries to put you down? We all, more than likely, have experienced this at some point in our lives ─ or will experience it! Dealing with these kinds of people can be hurtful and take a toll on our mental health. The key is to stay positive and to move on!
Here are 5 Ways To Deal With People Who Try To Put You Down!
1. Realize That People Who Try To Put You Down Are Really Trying To Make Themselves Look And Feel Better!
Remember that a self-confident and happy person does not feel the need to put others down. What they are really trying to do is to cover up their own insecurities. Maybe they are frustrated and feel that they need to prove something to others. A lot of the time, what they are saying to you is not even the truth. Realizing this can help you to walk away from their comments, and even more important, not to take their words to heart.
2. Learn How To Respond To Thier Negative Comments In A Positive Way!
Don’t sink to that person’s level! They are hoping to hurt you or to get a rise out of you ─ so don’t give them that satisfaction. In the end, retaliating only hurts yourself. Try responding in these positive ways instead:
- Thank them for their opinion: Say exactly that, then leave it at that. You really don’t need to say anything more!
- Laugh it off and walk away: Just smile and walk away. Why let their opinion bother you? If it does bother you, then maybe it does have some truth to it. However, you still don’t need to take it from them or tell them that. Just think of it as something that you can work on to improve yourself . . . And for now, walk away!
- Let the person know how you feel in a positive manner: Think before you speak! Stay positive and don’t sink to their level! Firing insults back is a form of retaliating, and you don’t want to give them that satisfaction. You can tell them that you don’t appreciate their remarks or that you are sorry that they feel that way. Keep it simple and clean!
3. Know That You Don’t Need Somone Else’s Approval!
If you have a healthy level of self-esteem, you won’t need other’s approval so much. Not everyone is going to approve of who you are or what you do. As long as you are okay with yourself and your position on the matter, that’s what really counts.
4. Remember That You Don’t Deserve The Put-Downs!
Keep in mind that you don’t deserve the put-downs and that, again, they are only trying to hurt you and make themselves look better. Remembering this can help you to move on from the situation in a positive light.
5. Remember Your Sense Of Value And Self-Worth!
If you feel that you can do anything that you put your mind to, then go and do it! Don’t let people tell you that you are not good enough, not worthy or don’t have value! Move away from the negative people and stressful situations. You will be glad that you did in the long run!
In conclusion, don’t let negative people put you down! Always remember your self-worth and value. Smile, stay positive and walk away from the situation.
When one door closes, another one will aways open!
Stay positive, my friends!
Robin and the Zen Team!